One man, Two sticks, Three Drum kits.
Monsters sounds bring you a fresh excursion into the world of beats.
Setting up 3 kits in the studio and letting loose our go to funky Drummer Theodore Carrasco. With 25 years of experience as a pro drummer both in the studio and live you can be sure Ted brings the heat behind the kit.
Working around a mixture of classic funk breaks, disco, soul , rock, dub and anything else he could throw down, we have mixed up the tempos and jammed out a massive amount of breaks and beats for this pack (538 to be exact).
With tempos ranging across 80, 90, 115, 120 , 130 and 160 BPM you can be sure there’s a groove to fit .
The pack has been obviously inspired by Drumming royalty, Bernard Purdie and Clive Stubblefield in the funky sections, but also we have moved into the heavy territory of Bonham for some of the rock parts and bringing a more modern touch with some Jeff Porcaro style playing, as well as Teds own touch of course
Using 3 distinctly different sounding kits (Two main kits and one bonus kit)
We tried to recreate similar rhythms across the different kits to give control and as many options in your productions, also as the same rhythm will sound completely different on each kit.
Taken from Teds private collection of vintage drums
The kits used were:
Firstly we have (the “Big” kit)
- Hayman Drum Kit (circa 1970’s) 5 piece- 22-12-13-16-5.5×14 snare
- This kit has a big heavy “roomy “ sound brash and in your face. Ted uses this kit Live a lot as it has the big room filling sound.
Secondly we have (the “QL” Kit)
- Ludwig Drum Kit (modified 1960’s) 3 piece 16-10-14 with a Gretsch Catalina Snare
- This has a super vibey and tight sound, really nails the funky sound of classic hip hop breaks.
And finally as an extra treat we have a certain amount of the breaks recorded with (the Bonus Kit)
- This is Teds family heirloom drum kit and his usual studio set up:
- Ludwing downbeat Drum Kit (1965) 4 piece 20-12-14 with a 5.5×14 supraphonic 500 snare drum.
Cymbals used were
- Zildjian Quick Beat Hi-Hats 14” (1970’s)
- Zildjian Custom Hybrid Hi-Hats 13”
- Zildjian Custom Special Dry Ride 21”
- Zildjian K Custom EFX 18”
- UFIP Class Series Crash 17”
- Istanbul Agop Traditional Heavy Ride 20”
- Dirili Jazz Ride 22”
We feel this is a great collection of beats and breaks covering not only the timeless classics but also a whole lot more. A useful addition to any sample library that you will keep returning to over the years when only the sound of a live drummer will do.
These breaks could work in drum and bass, hip hop, breaks, rock,disco, funk, house, anything you like!
[vc_button title=”Click for free taster and download” target=“_blank color=”default” size=”size_small” href=”http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/16-Drums/products/4073-Revenge-Of-The-Funky-Drummer”]
- 24 Bit Quality
- 538 Wav loops in Total
- 45 loops at 80 BPM
- 116 loops at 90 BPM
- 176 loops at 115 BPM
- 83 loops at 130 BPM
- 59 loops at 160 BPM
- 538 Rex2 Files