Introducing Transistor Revolution MKII for Kontakt 5, Ableton Live and Maschine!
Is it possible to accurately recreate the sound of a vintage analogue drum machine in a software instrument? Nearly 3 years ago we started out on a journey to find out…
After gravitating towards the most influential drum machines ever created (namely the TR-808 and TR-909) we soon discovered the extreme depth of focus needed to faithfully capture the tone, immediacy and groove of these iconic drum machines.
3 years on, after a lot of research and development (and 25,000 samples later) we arrived at what we believe to be the most accurate emulation of the TR-808 and TR-909 ever created… Transistor Revolution MKII, our virtual analogue drum machine for Kontakt, Live 9 and Maschine.
Why 25,000 samples you might ask? To give an example of the detail involved in the sampling of each instrument, the Revolution 909 Bass Drum alone uses 9318 unique sounds to faithfully recreate the TR-909 Bass Drum sound. Each of the 4 knobs on the Revolution 909 Bass Drum control panel scans smoothly through each and every sample in real-time… Additionally to emulate the subtle differences in sound inherent of analogue equipment we recorded 7 variations of each drum sound which cycle randomly each time a sound is played.
Kontakt Version Feature List
- Available in Standalone, VST, AU and RTAS instrument formats for Windows and Mac OS X via Kontakt 5 from Native Instruments. Full version of Kontakt 5.2.1 (or above) is required.
- Single unified instruments with Intuitive graphical interface faithful to the original TR-808 and TR-909 front panel layouts
- Recreate every nuance of the original analogue drum machines or define your own unique sound using the worlds most advanced sampling engine, Kontakt 5
- Smoothly scan through thousands of multi-layered samples with the turn of a single knob and play sounds which were once only tied to analogue knobs and circuits live in real-time using velocity and controller data
- Brilliant TR style 16 track step-sequencer with accent control, host sync, swing/shuffle and extensive advanced parameter settings
- Dedicated 10-track mixer with individual processing, volume control and pan for each drum sound
- Dual delay and reverb units loaded with custom built Impulse Responses
- Master processing section including multi-track Tape machine, compression and master EQ modules
- Design and browse hundreds of presets that encompass the entire history of the 808 and 909 drum sound. From the original analogue step-sequenced machines, 12-bit MPC60, SP1200 and tape resampling or modern sounds not yet heard. All instantly switchable from a single click
- Modular Preset Browser allows for instant recall of Drum Patterns, Mixer Channels and Tape Machine / Master Bus Settings in thousands of different configurations
- Browse 600 included patterns in various styles and easily create and share your own using a fast and intuitive external pattern/preset browser
- Deep velocity modulation capabilities allow live drummers to add true analogue expression to the classic 808 and 909 drum sounds which can be triggered and mapped easily from any Controller or Electronic Drum Kit
- 6GB in size after unpacked
Ableton Live Pack (compatible with version 9 and above)
- 3627 drum samples arranged and mapped in custom built, feature rich drum racks (1 drum rack for each drum machine sampled)
- Kits for both 808 and 909
- 22 ‘Drum Modules’ which can be loaded separately into empty Drum Racks to create your own kits – mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine.
- Each drum module includes 7 pre-assigned macros for quick, intuitive editing within each kit. Cycle through the different sound variations recorded from the selected drum machine. All variations and parameters of the original machines have been recorded, per drum voice; pitch/tune, decay and various other settings (depending on the drum machine)
- Seamlessly scan through multi-sampled drum sounds with one-knob control over parameters such as Analog Tone, Analog Delay and Analog Snappy. Other macro controls include:
- All patches work with Simpler (full Ableton Suite not required)
NI Maschine Pack (compatible with version 2.0 and above)
- 516 drum samples
- Full kits for both 808 and 909
- Carefully tagged kits for quick and easy loading from the Maschine Controller Easily edit sampler voice settings including pitch/tune, filters, envelopes, LFO’s and FX per sound via the Maschine controller.
- Mix and match drum types to build your own analogue dream drum machine. Each kit includes pre-assigned sample parameters for quick, intuitive editing with the Maschine controller
[vc_button title=”Click for free demos and download” target=“_blank color=”default” size=”size_small” href=”http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/16-Drums/products/3217-Transistor-Revolution-MK11″]